McGregor breaks silence on Cerrone comeback fight in message to UFC rival – The News


 Conor McGregor has told Donald Cerrone ‘see you in 2020’ after signing terms on his comeback fight  UFC chief Dana White confirmed this week that McGregor had signed a contract to fight Cerrone in Las Vegas on January 18  It will be the Irishman’s first bout since his defeat to Khabib Nurmagomedov in October last year   Cerrone sent a message to McGregor ahead of UFC 246 and outlined his current records in an Instagram post   The upload was hijacked by his opponent, who wrote: “Good man Donald, enjoy the Christmas dinner  “Happy holidays to you and the family, from the McGregor’s here in Ireland. See you in 20/20 with bullseye vision  Cerrone had sent a text message to his manager, saying: “Finally, I get my hands on him ”  He wrote on Instagram: “Let this Soak in! This will be my 51st MMA fight and I plan to add new numbers to all these list come January 18  “I hold the all-time UFC record for wins with 23. I hold the all-time UFC record for finishes with 16  “I hold the all-time UFC record for post-fight bonus awards with 18. I hold the all-time UFC record in knockdowns with 20  “I hold the all-time UFC record with seven knockouts via kicks.”  McGregor’s return had been plunged into doubt when the UFC released their event schedule for 2020, with no sign of the comeback fight  McGregor had previously suggested he would call it a day but has now set his sights on winning back his world title ahead of the fight against Cerrone  “Conor has signed and Cowboy is ready to go,” UFC chief Dana White told ESPN.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *